How we organize our work
Living Labs for transformative socio-politics of NBS - Natural Resources Institute Finland
WP1’s overall objective is to coordinate the co-creation processes across the project, its WPs, and within the Living Labs. Specific objectives are to:
- establish an inclusive, balanced, and safe working environment for the Living Labs
- ensure the exchange of knowledge and collaboration between the WPs and across the Living Labs
- support data collection for WPs and the co-creation of techniques and governance models
- assess and reflect on the potential for transformational change within and across Living Labs during and after the project.
Coevolutionary approach to NBS co-creation - University of Erfurt
WP2’s overall objective is to conceptualize NBS as a ‘coevolutionary technology’ and develop principles for co-creation in cooperation with other WPs, acting as a moderator and reflective medium. Specific objectives are to:
- create an overarching research approach for the project
- apply this approach in an iterative process for NBS design and implementation
- operationalize methodology and support NBS design in Living Labs
- synthesize the results and redefine and generalize the approach to NBS extension and transfer.
Values and affordances in NBS - University of Cagliari
WP3’s overall objective is to investigate the environmental and psychological factors that can be either enablers or barriers to NBS design and implementation through a people-centred and place-based perspective. Specific objectives are to:
- engage and empower the Living Lab-actors (stakeholders and participants) in relation to the Living Lab, the problems that are defined, and with each other
- identify the role and significance of affordances in NBS design and implementation
- understand the essence and modes of construction of vulnerabilities; Understand individual and community values, motivations, and beliefs related to nature and NBS.
Governance institutions for NBS design and implementation - Institute of Forest Ecology, Slovak Academy of Sciences
WP4’s overall objective is to design, test, and evaluate NBS governance for just digital, economic, and ecological transitions for the long-term sustainability of rural, coastal, and urban EU regions. Specific objectives are to:
- assess the socio-politics of NBS and produce a topology of NBS institutions in general and in Living Labs
- (re)configure existing NBS governance and test novel governance techniques
- co-develop sustainable and transformative models with identified benefits, costs, synergies, and trade-offs for different socio-geo-political contexts
- evaluate the NBS governance models and techniques.
Actionable knowledge for transformative NBS - James Hutton Institute
WP5's overall objective is to synthesise the findings from across all WPs and to co-produce with Living Labs concrete, actionable guidelines and other resources for more inclusive NBS. The objectives are to:
- specify the knowledge gaps and needs across the sectors and promote cross-sectoral knowledge exchange
- create a comparative synthesis of the techniques and governance models across the Living Labs
- make knowledge actionable across sectors at national and transnational levels
- upscale and assess selected techniques and models through small-scale pilots
- make tools available in a variety of formats that take into account relevant and diverse stakeholder groups
- assess the contribution of NBS governance models and techniques to community resilience.
Dissemination, exploitation & communication (DEC) - ESSRG
WP6’s overall objective is to
- define the overall targets and pathways for successful DEC activities
- provide the project with practical tools and platforms
- support and guide partners in the implementation of DEC activities
- monitor, assess, report on DEC activities, and readjust the DEC strategy when needed.
Project coordination and administration - Natural Resources Institute Finland
WP7’s overall objective is to ensure successful, timely, ethical, sustainable, and impactful management, implementation, and administration of COEVOLVERS, including governance bodies and scientific coordination.